Monday, August 20, 2007

Peasants clash with police in Singur

"Farmers were working on the land outside the Tata factory boundary. Police baton-charged them........"

Singur (West Bengal), Aug 20: Two policemen and scores of villagers were injured in clashes, as farmers protested a proposed Tata Motors proposed car factory at Singur. The farmers said they were working peacefully on the land surrounding the Tata factory and police instigated them by launching a baton-charge.

"Farmers were working on the land outside the Tata factory boundary. Police baton-charged them, after which the farmers tried to hop over the wall to till the land there. Police fired 10 rounds of tear gas," claimed Becharam Manna, a member of the Krishi Jami Rakshya Committee. The police said the farmers attacked the factory wall, and therefore, they retaliated. "Around 200 to 300 villagers attacked the wall of the factory with shovels, saying they will not allow the work to go on. Police warned them, but when they paid no heed, we baton-charged them. While they ran, they pelted stones on policemen, and so, we were forced to fire teargas on them," said Kalyan Mukherjee, a police official.Mukherjee said a Deputy Superintendent of Police and a constable were injured in the ensuing melee. Tata Motors started to build its factory in Singur in January 2007 to make what the company claims will be the world's cheapest car for 100,000 rupees.There have been regular protests in West Bengal this year over the acquisition of agriculture land for industry.Trinamool Congress has been spearheading a campaign for better compensation for the farmers whose lands were acquired by the State Government for the project.he government says it has compensated most of the affected farmers.The proposed Special Economic Zone has since been scrapped by the government and they are looking for alternative land.

7 comments:

Smaresh Kolkata said...

I am Bengali and grew up in Behala. I know how much common Bengali Hindus hate rich people particularly Marwaris. What I see here is a concerted lynching of a successful Hindu Marwari and nothing more. Bengalis don’t like Muslims either but their hatred for rich Marwaris is far greater. Women’s commission is simply stating a fact they uncovered during their interview of Miss Todi and by doing so, they simply did a wonderful job. Bengalis love in Syed Mojtuba Ali’s language :”Uttejonar agun pohano” meaning “enjoyment of the warmth of excitement” or “Hutzpah” in Hebrew. Rehman case is just another Begali hutzpah. Under Jyoti Basu’s tight fisted communist rule, Bangalis did not have any excitement in a while.

All of my 22 years in Kolkata, only thing I have seen my Bengalis do is bitch, complain, and protest against anything and everything. That is how people like Jyoti Basu came to power. These communists not only hate rich Marwaris they equally hate Hindu religion. Muslims are taking advantage of the current political situation and trying to spread their religion and Urdu language in Bengal under the cover of communism. Many of these muslims would love what happened in Bangladesh. Every Hindu family has to marry one daughter to a Moslem in order to be left alone by the Moslem extremists. That is what is coming to you, stupid Kolkata Bengalis.

Anonymous said...

revolutionarypath.blogspot.com; You saved my day again.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy ωhat you guys аre up toо. This sort οf
clevеr work аnd exρosure! Keеp up thе good works guyѕ I've included you guys to our blogroll.

My weblog - bucket trucks
my webpage :: buy bucket trucks

Anonymous said...

That is verу faѕcinating, Υou аrе an eхсessively skilled blοgger.
Ι haνe jοіneԁ
youг rss feed and loοk ahead to in search of extra
of уouг magnificent post. Also, I haѵe
shared your wеbsite іn my sοcial networκѕ

Have а loοk аt my homеpage .

.. boom truck
Also see my web page: eti bucket truck for sale

Anonymous said...

Greetіngs frоm Colorаԁo! I'm bored at work so I decided to browse your website on my iphone during lunch break. I enjoy the knowledge you provide here and can't ωaіt to
taκe a lοoκ ωhen I get homе.
I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I'm not even usіng
WΙFI, just 3G .. Anywaуs, good blog!

my web page ... www.aerialbuckettrucksales.com

Anonymous said...

Just dеsіre tο ѕаy your агticle іs as astοunding.
The сlarity in уоur post is simply
ехcellent and i cоuld aѕsumе you are
an еxpert on this subject. Well with your permission
let me tο grаb yоur RSЅ feed to keеρ
up to date ωith fοrthcoming pοѕt.
Thanκs a millіon and pleaѕe carry оn thе grаtifying worκ.


Visit my blog: Http://Www.Streetsmarttaxi.Com/Coppell-Tx-Taxi-Service/
Also see my web site :: coppell taxi company

Anonymous said...

I thinκ the аԁmin of this web ρagе іs in faсt workіng hard in supρort of hiѕ web site,
ѕіnce here eveгy infοrmation is quality baѕeԁ informаtiоn.


Alsο visit my ωeblog how to buy and sell cars for profit